A nationally recognized Physician Assistant Program seeks a dynamic individual to serve as Program Director.
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (UWL) Physician Assistant (PA) Program, in partnership with Gundersen Medical Foundation, Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences, and Marshfield Clinic Health System, invites interested PAs to apply for the position of Program Director. We are a well-established program with talented faculty, a small class size, and a 100% 5-year first-timeÂ PANCEÂ pass rate. The program is fully accredited through September 2027. The quad-partnership assures excellent clinical training with guaranteed clinical rotations through Gundersen, Mayo, and Marshfield Clinic Health Systems. The PA Program is one of six highly successful graduate and unÂÂdergraduate programs in UWLâs Health Professions Department
The full-time (1.0Â FTE) Program Director may hold Clinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Professor status. This year-round Instructional Academic Staff position is eligible for career progression and is subject to annual review. The position offers excellent benefits. The faculty rank and salary are commensurate with the candidateâs education and academic experience.
In accordance withÂ UWLÂ and Department of Health Professionsâ policies, the PA Program Director is responsible for program administration, teaching, and service and scholarship. The primary duties within each category include:
Program Administration (40% â 50%)
- Provide effective leadership by proactively solving problems; communicating information; cultivating positive relationships; and responding to personnel issues.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve the didactic and clinical curricula.
- Supervise Instructional Academic Staff (IAS) and promote their professional development.
- DetermineÂ IASÂ workload assignments.
- Manage the PA program budget.
- Maintain accreditation by ensuring adherence with the most currentÂ ARCÂ standard.
- Chair the programâs quad-partnership Administrative Committee, according to the contractual Program Memorandum.
Teaching (25% â 40%)
- Provide contemporary classroom instruction as a course director and a peer lecturer.
- Continually assess student learning.
Service/Scholarship (20% â 25%)
- Professionally serve the program, department, university, community, and PA profession.
- Engage in scholarly activity related to the program, department, university, community, and PA profession.
The successful applicant will also demonstrate a commitment to multiculturalism, diversity, inclusive excellence, and an ability to work with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
In their CV or resume and cover letter, applicants should specify how they meet the required and/or preferred qualifications.
Application Deadline: This position will remain open and will be continuously recruited until filled.
Questions:Â Please contact Dr. Lisa Iverson-Leirmo, PA-C, Search Committee Chair, atÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ or 608-785-6621 with questions.